Single Words She Once Loved is a semi-staged recital for voice and piano that centers around the ideas and effects of memory, dementia, and time. It is a deeply personal exploration of the dueling forces of ‘eternal sunshine of the spotless mind’ and ‘God gave us memories so that we may have roses in winter.”
Furthermore, this recital is a devotion to the mother/daughter relationship and what happens when only one of the two parties remembers their collective knowledge.
This program is in development with powerhouse artist Kathleen Supové.
Featured Repertoire Selections
- Anna Liffey – composed David Smooke with text by Eavan Boland
- Kenyon Songs – composed by Christian Carey with text by Jane Kenyon
- Azuretta – composed by Regina Harris Baiocchi
- two songs for mezzo-soprano & piano – composed by Jeffrey Mumford with text by Henry David Thoreau and Langston Hughes)
- Good Bones – composed by Dennis Tobenski with text by Maggie Smith
- My Little Wicked Ways – composed by Daniel Felsenfeld with text by Edna St. Vincent Millay
- and more…
For booking inquiries in the US, please contact:
Megan Ihnen, Mezzo-Soprano
Email [Subject line: Offered Programs Inquiry]